Welcome to Babygogo
Please login to Babygogo to do more
Community of 500,000+ parents and experts
Your baby is facing what is known as separation anxiety. Since your baby is used to you as the primary caregiver it is hard to imagine not having you around.
- You need to start making other members of your family take him to school. This way he will start to realise that you will not be always available to be by his side.
- Even at home do not be the only one who plays and interacts with your child. Make sure there are other people who can play and entertain your son.
- Start a reassuring method before school. With either having breakfast together and a hug and kiss before leaving to school. In some instances you can read a book where the child is taken to school and how the child was brave so that your son can relate to it.
- Research on local play groups. Making him play with children his age will help him to feel more at ease when adjusting to children at school.
- Initially start by staying a while, then start reducing the time you stay in class by half an hour. This way he will start getting accustomed to the environment on his own.
After all the first few years can be a little tricky and not everything is a sure shot proven method to work. However, you can try different things to make this process easier for you and your son. Good Luck!
Thanks Mam..I will try it out...