Welcome to Babygogo
Please login to Babygogo to do more
Community of 500,000+ parents and experts
Read this article
I have seen a lot of mums asking for cold & cough home remedies.
Here the some of the home remedies which have worked for me
1. Steam - If your baby suffers from cold , make baby inhale the steam for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Note: Don't cover your baby's head while giving steam. Also be very careful.
2. Honey - Dip your finger in honey and let your baby lick it two three times in a day. If your child is older than five years, mix a spoonful with cinnamon powder and ask her to have it.
Note: Honey can be given only after 1 year.
3. Carom Seeds - Boiling water along with carom seeds (Ajwain) and tulsi leaves can help to relieve from cough and chest congestion.
4. Massage - Mix lukewarm mustard oil with garlic and apply on baby's back and chest.
5. Turmeric milk - Due to its antiseptic properties, turmeric is known to treat viral infections such as cough and cold. Add turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk and make your baby have it. It provides instant relief for an aching throat and runny nose. Note: For babies above 1 year.
6. Saline drops - Saline drops does wonders to a blocked nose, pour 2 to 3 drops in each nostril with the head of the baby tilted backwards to facilitate the easy flow of the saline into the nose.
Hope you all will find this information helpful!
This post is written by Ms. Nandhini Sridhar. She is a popular Mom on Babygogo and a top contributor. She has helped thousands of Moms with her answers. On behalf of Babygogo community, we thank her for her continued love and support to all of us.
Share your Mommy experience or recipes or any story you would like to share with Babygogo community by reaching us at ******@***.com or Whatsapp us at XXXXXXXXXX
♥ Team Babygogo
Thanks can i use that mustard oil remedy for my 21 days old bby
Yes u can, but apply very little
Ohk thx dr