Welcome to Babygogo
Please login to Babygogo to do more
Community of 500,000+ parents and experts
At one and half year of age, your son should weigh in between 8.5 - 13.5 kgs. If he is in this range he is following the regular growth chart.
- At this age your son can eat from a wide range of foods given to him and these include oats, rice, vegetables, fruits, cereals, beans, lentils, soups and milk. You need to prepare his food with a wide variety of fresh ingredients and with different combinations of ingredients.
- Make a special schedule on when food is served during the day. Preferably give him 3 meals of breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 small snacks throughout the day.
- Do not make him sit in front of the television or play when he is eating food. Food should be an activity on its own.
- Make him sit with the family when he is eating. So that way he will get used to the average time it takes for the whole family to eat. He will feel left behind if he takes a longer time, and will want to finish eating with the rest of the family.
- It is okay to let him cry, mainly when he is at home as he will know that there is a schedule and he is required to follow it.
This all takes a lot of patience and as a parent, it is easier to get frustrated and shout at your child. But negative actions only yield negative results. Therefore, approach this calmly and you will see better results.
Thank u dr.