Welcome to Babygogo
Please login to Babygogo to do more
Community of 500,000+ parents and experts
Vegetables are very important as they give the babies essential nutrients like the vitamins and minerals . it helps the baby in normal growth of muscles , bones, cognition development.
1. Start introducing veggies when mother is breastfeeding . research is shown that babies get taste of veggies in breastmilk and start liking the particular taste of veggies found in breastmilk as they grow older.
2. Introduce veggies around six months of age and start by offering vegetable once in a day in a week and then slowly increase
3. Avoid the veggies which is high in sulphur like the cauliflower ,cabbage as they can cause babies stomach ache as they as they create gas or else mix with potato to decrease potency
4. Try to feed sweet fruits after serving veggies
5. Start serving veggies regularly as the child grows older this will help in making child start liking vegetables
6. Most importantly start eating veggies in front of your kids as children try to copy adults.
Please do add your valuable suggestions and comments.
Babies need vitamins, minerals, calcium in a right quantity, give purees made up of fruits like apple, banana, mango, pear, and vegetables purees made up of spinach, sweet potato, tomato, pumpkin, tomato, green peas, beetroot it will help in the growth of your baby, also give porridges made up of ragi. Give fruits and vegetables purees as it can help in providing all the essential vitamins and minerals to your baby.
vegetables can be boring and not at all tasty for the kids the best way to feed your kids veggies in the beginning is by adding some fruit with a veggie or a veggie which is flavorful like sweet potatoes can be added with another veggies. Add ingredients which has natural sweetness will make the baby like veggies more. Also u can make food interesting for them. Like cutting little carrots in small shapes etc. Also going for ready made puree options from the market which contains no added sugar can be helpful.
you can give them baby food purees which are easily available in form of pouches at many platforms, and also if your baby is not liking vegetables just mix two or three and then feed them in this way taste will also not lost and baby will also get nutrition there is one baby food brand which I give to my baby which provides some good combination of baby foods, some of the vegetable combination includes sweet potato+ spinach and my personal favorite which is sweet potato+ mango+ pears you can give them in any way you want either make it at home which is somewhat time consuming or just order them easily from amazon and first cry. There are various organic baby food brands which provide exact same combination