Whether you believe it or not but trying on fancy fashionable stuff on their daughters has been on every mom’s wish list. This wish list starts from fancy hairstyles for girl child for different festive occasions to wedding parties. When you talk to any new mother, you would come across the enthusiasm when she discovers that she has been blessed with a baby girl. All her childhood fantasies and plays can be made true with the coming of a real life baby doll of her own.
There is a lot of room for creativity in hairstyles for kids girls as compared to boy kids. Even the childhood of girls is surrounded by such dolls, comics, stories and TV shows from where they draw inspiration about fashion. Whether it is Rapunzel or Frozen princess once in our lifetime we all have wanted hairstyles like theirs. Half-braids, loose buns or cute curls everything is in fashion these days. Also, all sorts of glittery, fancy and lacy accessories are in the market to assist you in giving your baby girl a new look.
While planning on what new hair makeover you should give your little girl, consider these precautionary measures:
- Get a good haircut that suits your baby.
- Avoid using chemical products for styling as the scalp of your baby is soft and sensitive. This may damage her hair.
- Make simple hairstyles as little children are impatient.
- Use soft combs, rubber band and clips to prevent breakage.
- Use herbal baby care products for shampooing her hair from brands like Himalaya, Dabur, Biotique, etc.
Enlisted Here Are Top Kids Hairstyles For Girl Children
Choose the one that suits your baby’s face and hair length. The best hairstyles for long hair could be the braided ones whereas for the short and medium hair the curly bob and pigtails would look cute.
Things needed: Hair brush, Curling rollers, Olive oil, Baby hair clutcher
- Make a central parting with the brush.
- Put on a little coat of olive oil on the strands.
- Now put on the curling rollers and leave them for an hour.
- Open the curlers and finger comb them.
- Take the front strands and tuck them with the help of a baby clutcher.
Sleek High Ponytail
Things needed: Hair comb, colored elastic band
- Comb her hair and remove all the tangles.
- Gather all the hair and make a high ponytail.
Half Tie Braid
Things needed: Comb, Elastic Bands, Bow pin
- Take a small portion from the middle and secure them with the help of an elastic band.
- Now take a small portion of hair from either side of the head and weave them into braids till the back of the head.
- Tie them with the elastic bands.
- Now tuck the three braids together and put a bow pin.
Loose Curls With Headband
Things needed: Hair brush, Olive oil, Curling rollers, Fancy headband.
- Make a mid parting.
- Apply a coat of olive oil and roll the hairs using the curlers.
- Leave them for an hour.
- Now release the rollers and finger comb the hair.
- Put on the headband.
Pigtail With Fringes
Things needed: Colorful hair ties, Elastic bands, Hair comb
- Comb the hair and make a middle parting and leave the front hair for fringes.
- Gather all the hair from each side and make pigtails.
- Secure them with the elastic bands.
- Cover them with the colorful ties.
High Layered Side Ponytail
Things needed: Hair elastic, hair brush
- Comb the hair and make a deep side partition.
- Gather the hair on one side and tuck it with the hair elastic.
- Comb the front fringes to make them fall on the forehead.
Things needed: Elastic bands, hair comb
- Comb the hair and make a middle partition.
- Make a pigtail and secure them with an elastic band.
- Loop the pigtail and put the elastic one more time.
Simple low braid
Things needed: Hair comb, elastic band
- Comb the hair and gather all of them at the back.
- Divide them into three sections.
- Cross the sections over one another.
- Continue until the end and secure with a rubber band.
- Comb the front fringes and leave them loose.
Things needed: Hair comb, rubber bands, colored clips
- Comb the hair and gather the middle hair at the back top.
- Divide them into three parts.
- Start crossing them over.
- Keep adding more hair to each section.
- Continue until the end.
- Secure them with the hair band.
- Put colored clips at the back to decorate the braid.
Things needed: Hair comb, elastic bands, floral clips
- Divide the hair from the middle. Comb them.
- Gather half of them on one side of the head and start making low braid by dividing the hair into three sections. Cross them over.
- Continue until the end. Secure it with the rubber band.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Put beautiful floral clips on each side.
Things needed: Hair comb, fancy hair band
- Comb the hair and gather the middle hair on the top.
- Leave the front bangs.
- Now secure the hair with the fancy elastic band.
Half up half down ponytail
Things needed: Hair comb, elastic band
- Comb the hair and gather all the hair at the back of the head.
- Release the back hair.
- Secure the upper hair with the elastic band.
- Comb the hair fringes.
Front French braid
Things needed: Hair comb, hair clip
- Comb the hair and make a side partition.
- Separate the front fringe.
- Now divide them into three sections.
- Start crossing them over and include more hair into each segment.
- Continue to the back of the hair.
- Secure it with a hair clip.
- Comb the remaining fringes and put on a hair clip.
Half Up Top-Knot
Things needed: Hair comb, Elastic band
- Comb the hair thoroughly and part it, dividing from top to bottom.
- Hold the top half of the hair in a ponytail.
- Wrap it around, making a bun and secure it with an elastic.
- Comb the rest of the hair.
- You may leave some strands loose to frame your baby girl’s face.
Things needed: Tangle teezer, Elastic band, Bobby pins, Bow or a floral clutch
- Remove all tangles from the hair using a tangle teezer.
- Pull the hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
- Make a small opening above the ponytail and loop the hair through that opening.
- Flip the end of the ponytail towards the loop.
- Secure using bobby pins.
- You may add a bow or a floral clutch for that extra style.
The best thing about these hairstyles is that they are very simple hairstyles that all you need is a comb, a twist of your fingers and your little beauty queen. So go ahead and start experimenting.
These hairstyles are so cute. I will surely copy them all for my daughter. Thanks for sharing.
I remember how my mother used to give me different hairstyles and experiment on me.After reading this article, I too am looking forward to do the same on my girl.
Team Babygogo says
Absolutely do that. Also, share your experience post doing that. 🙂